ASC Youth Panel
Who are the ASC Youth Panel?
The ASC Youth Panel was started in 2015 to enable young people who stammer to have their say. It is a collective of bright young stammerers from across the UK working on projects to raise awareness about stammering and to celebrate differences.
They aim to use the support and influence of the education system to further project their voice and presence, and begin their mission to create safer, more natural spaces for young people who stammer.
What do they do?
Our Youth Panel meet around five times in the year to discuss current projects and ideas on raising awareness of stammering in their local areas. They have been busy working on a new website encouraging more young people across the UK to sign up and become Youth Ambassadors through their Facebook page. After doing so, young people can join the conversation and have their say on topics about stammering and the issues they face.
You can get involved by:
- Discovering the work of the ASC Youth Panel and visiting their site
- Signing up and becoming a Youth Ambassador
- Getting involved and joining the conversation through social media
Want to find out more? Click here to view the ASC Youth Panel website.
Who can become an ASC Youth Ambassador?
You should sign up to become a Youth Ambassador if:
- You are aged between 13-25 and live in the UK
- You have a stammer or have an understanding of issues impacting young people who stammer
- You have an interest in influencing how society perceives young people who stammer and how to raise awareness or stammering in the UK
Please click here to sign up now!
The ASC Youth Panel hopes to create a society where having a stammer isn’t a barrier to success for young people! You can help us get there.
Please visit the the panel’s official site at: