We’re looking for new ASC Trustees!
Action for Stammering Children (ASC) are the UK’s national charity supporting children and young people who stammer. We are on the lookout for two new Trustees to join our board as we look into the new year.
We have a great group of Trustees with a wide range of skills and experiences. You can view our current Trustees on this page. On this occasion we are seeking to recruit to the board two trustees with experience in the following areas:
- charitable fundraising
- the corporate sector
- digital strategy
- health commissioning.
A personal connection with stammering would also be helpful but this is not essential. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a great team and one that makes a real difference to the lives of many children and young people.
The statutory duties of a trustee board member are to:
• ensure that ASC complies with its governing document, its Articles of Association, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
• ensure that ASC pursues its objects (purposes) as defined in its governing document
• ensure ASC applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects.
• contribute actively to the board of trustees by giving firm strategic direction to ASC, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets, and evaluating performance against agreed targets
• safeguard the good name and values of ASC
• ensure the financial stability of ASC.
In addition to the above statutory duties, each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions. This may involve leading discussions, identifying key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, and evaluating or offering advice on other areas in which the trustee has particular expertise.
Deadline for applications: 12 January 2023
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions or problems downloading the brief.
Thank you for your interest.
Action for Stammering Children, Charity No: 801171