Building confidence and resilience in children who stammer @thepalincentre via Zoom (February 2023)
Please note: this training is online via Zoom.
What is this course?
This one-day course will explore the potential impact of stammering on children and young people, and ways to support them (and parents) to build their confidence and resilience. Specific examples will involve clients who stammer however the ideas discussed and strategies explored are applicable to all client groups.
Who is this course for?
This course is open to Speech and Language Therapists/Pathologists, teachers and other professionals who work with people who stammer.
1. Theoretical Overview
· What is resilience?
· Resilience and stammering – are children who stammer more vulnerable?
· Importance of building our own resilience (as professionals)
· How to monitor progress in therapy
· Emotional wellbeing questionnaires
3. Therapy ideas
· Ways to build confidence in children and young people (including growth versus fixed mindset)
· Activities to build resilience in our work with children (including emotional regulation, thinking skills and stretching comfort zones)
· Ideas for parents to build confidence and resilience in their children
· Nurturing a compassionate mindset
Please read our booking terms and conditions before booking.
22 Feb 2023 - 23 Mar 2023
Information: Click here
4 Jan 2023 -
5 Jan 2023
USA and North America: Palin Parent Child Interaction Therapy (Palin PCI) @thepalincentre via Zoom (January 2023)
17 Jan 2023 -
18 Jan 2023
Online Palin PCI @thepalincentre via Zoom (January 2023)
8 Feb 2023 -
10 Feb 2023
Supporting 8 to 14s who stammer @thepalincentre via Zoom (February 2023)
19 Apr 2023 -
21 Apr 2023
Working with 15-18’s @thepalincentre via Zoom (April 2023)
26 Apr 2023 -
27 Apr 2023
Solution Focused Brief Therapy @thepalincentre via Zoom (April 2023)