ASC bursary available for City University Speech & Language Therapy Course for young people who stammer
**PLEASE NOTE: Due to unforeseen circumstances this course has been postponed. Please check our blog and social media feeds for updates in due course.
For more information, email [email protected]**
We are pleased to share that applications are now open to the City, University of London Intensive Group for Young People who stammer aged 13-17, where stammering is the main need.
The group will take place face-to-face, from Monday 24th July until Friday 28th July. Sessions with the young people will run over 5 days, Monday-Friday 10.30am-4pm, with a number of breaks built-in, including time for lunch. The Parents’ session will be on Wednesday 26th July from 10.30 am- 3.30pm.
There is a bursary scheme available through our charity to those families within London who would otherwise find it difficult to pay.
Young people, this group may be for you if you are interested in:
- Exploring ways to experience more effective and enjoyable communication
- Increasing your understanding of communication, speaking and stammering
- Meeting other young people who stammer
- Feeling less bothered by stammering
- Exploring ways to stammer with less struggle and tension
- Developing greater awareness of your communication strengths and skills
- Practicing communication/speaking goals that are important for you in your life
- Build more resiliency around communication.
The Parents’ session will focus on:
- Educating parents on supporting the young person’s resiliency around speaking and communication
- Tackling specific topics that are important for parents, e.g., managing transitions, teasing/bullying, handling stress, etc.
The group will be led by a Speech and Language Therapist at the University, who is a specialist in Stammering. Speech and Language Therapy students from City, University of London will also be involved in running the group.
The ASC Bursary
Applicants from low-income families who are approved a place on the course, are entitled to apply for the bursary. This generous ASC scheme covers the full costs of the course (£150) and travel for the young person and parent/guardian (Zones 1-6) and also subsistence costs for the YP (£10 a day lunch allowance).
A fully refundable deposit of £40 will be required to secure the funded place, and this will be returned upon attendance at the course.
Complete the form below, or download the digital form to apply.
ASC Bursary Scheme Application
If you have any questions or wish to request a digital application form in Word format, please email: [email protected]